A USB or XLR studio mic would be ideal for screen recordings or voiceovers after you’ve finished recording. In many cases, lavalier mics are ideal since you don’t have to worry about being too close to the mic — simply clip them on and start recording.
Because there are so many different sorts of videos and so many different microphones that work well for recording them, we’ve broken down our favourite YouTube microphones into categories so you can quickly locate what you need.
The fact that this object has such a good reputation gives us the confidence to mention it in so many of our guides. Although the pricing isn’t “cheap,” the quality it provides for competitors in its price bracket is unrivalled. It’s great for vlogging, commentary, and more.
- It has a 16-bit/48-kHz resolution and the ability to select from four different polar patterns (stereo, omnidirectional, cardioid, or bi-directional)
- Contains a high-gain built-in headphone amp, allowing you to check findings without latency.
- Simple and intuitive to use.
- The USB microphone comes with a small stand and the ability to fold, making it convenient to set and travel.
- Its compatibility with both Windows and Mac is another useful feature that makes it one of the top YouTube microphone options.
If you’re at or near a workstation and need a USB microphone, the Apogee MiC Plus is another good option. It will produce a sound that is quite comparable to what you would get in a studio allows you to easily record some high-quality external sound for those movies no matter what device you’re using (you can get away with using it with cameras as well, perhaps just not outdoors.
- It connects to Windows and Mac devices, as well as any smart device with a 3.5 mm jack.
- It has a cardioid polar pattern.
- A simple USB connection.
- Up to 96 kHz/24-bit HD recording.
- Has a ‘PureDIGITAL connection, and a gadget that combines a microphone, microphone preamp, and an A/D converter.
- Adaptable with all types of voices.
- Scarlett 2i2 audio interface
- Comfy and effective monitor headphones.
Now we’re getting into the domain of studio recording microphones, so if you’re looking for the highest sound quality available right now, this is a good place to start. The Rode NT1-A is one of our favourite condenser mics – a high-quality YouTube mic with extensive functions and a stable build that will provide you with superb vocal recording and playback skills.
Keep in mind that you’ll need either more phantom power or an audio interface to make it work (it comes with a little phantom power unit in the box). If you want a near-professional sounding video, get the Rode NT1-A.
- Wide one-inch capsule and enables a cardioid polar pattern.
- Ultra low noise mic with only 5 dB of self-noise.
- A good dynamic range.
- Real condenser capsule.
With three, you’ll be able to use this mic for a variety of purposes, including voice-overs, interviews, vocals, acoustics, and more. The Razer Seiren V2 X also You can bet on an accurate recording in any situation thanks to its ability to offer near-zero latency output when hooked straight into the mic.
You may expect good sound quality for all of your recordings with a standard frequency range of 20 Hz to 20,000 Hz. We’re not saying you should buy it just because it’s built by Rode, but the brand name gives us a lot of confidence if we’re worried about the build and sound quality, regardless of price. Consider the Rode NT-USB if the previous Rode NT piqued your curiosity but was a little too pricey for you or you still desired a USB option.
- 14 mm condenser capsules built in that are specifically adjusted to enable four recording patterns (cardioid, stereo, bidirectional, and omnidirectional).
- Has a built-in headphone amplifier that can be used with any 3.5 mm connected headphones.
- Higher-end USB microphone.
- 3.5 mm stereo headphone connector.
- Direct mix control from the mic and source.
This USB microphone is a strong contender for our budget-friendly and travel mic pick. its technical capabilities make it a good choice for individuals who want to record podcasts, music or interviews, online chats, conference calls, and other things in addition to YouTube videos.
It is great for travelling YouTubers.
- Compatible with both Windows and Mac computers.
- High-quality condenser capsules with two recording patterns: omnidirectional and cardioid.
- Foldable into the size and shape of a wallet.
- Wide frequency response range of 20 Hz to 18,000 Hz.
- 16-bit resolution.
Following that, the Audio-Technica AT2035 is a versatile microphone from another of our favourite audio manufacturers that will work equally well in both semi-professional and home settings, which is why many people believe it to be the best YouTube microphone if you weren’t feeling our previous recommendations. It will dependably handle high sound pressure levels (better suited to louder instruments like drums or individuals who sing/rap loudly, but it won’t hurt).
- You can toggle between the 80 Hz high-pass filter and the 10 dB pad
- Large diaphragm,
- Broad dynamic range
- Sound isolation
- Built-in cardioid polar pattern
The AKG C214 is not only well-known for its durability and sound quality, but it also offers great value for money.
- Ultra-wide diaphragm that picks up everything in front of it.
- Dual capsule system
- Has one-of-a-kind back-plate design that ensures high production quality.
- Unique bass-cut filter
The Shure SM7B is one of the more costly microphones on this list, but it is without a doubt the greatest for YouTube. The audio quality is unrivalled, which is why you’ll find celebrities from the YouTube and podcast worlds using this great audio equipment. Because of how pristine and professional every clip sounds, we recommend the Shure SM7B as the ideal microphone for YouTube.
In general, we’re looking at the (arguably) greatest microphone for singing. It’s been heard on 7professional podcasts like Joe Rogan’s or The Breakfast Club’s, as well as by a slew of popular YouTubers. I wouldn’t recommend anything else if you have the cash and want the greatest microphone for YouTube.
- Superior electromagnetic shielding to eliminate hum from external devices such as your computer or router.
- Noise-cancelling functions
- Machine noise, breathiness, and plosives will be eliminated by the air suspension shock isolation and pop filter.
- Mid-range concentration with bass roll-off
- Flat, wide-range frequency response.
One of the best-sounding condenser mics is the Audio-Technica AT2020. This one will come up time and time again if you ask around about the best microphone for YouTube. For this price range, the sturdy design and incredible quality make it a very worthwhile investment.
Despite the low price, you’ll find your recordings to be quite detailed, with rich vocals.
Overall, this is a lovely USB microphone with a terrific price-to-performance ratio. The fact that it can be used for so many different things makes it even more appealing. This microphone is used by a lot of podcast and YouTube makers, therefore it’s a good pick for the best microphone for YouTube.
- Extended frequency response and a low-mass diaphragm.
- Fast transient response.
- It employs a cardioid pattern to eliminate noise pickup from the sides and back.
The Rode PodMic is one of the best sounding dynamic microphones that we truly love if you’re on a budget but want the best microphone for YouTube that’s XLR-first. This high-quality microphone is fantastic in every way, from the design to the sound. The rough design has a broadcast appearance to it, emphasising the purpose for which it was created.
The inexpensive cost combined with the high degree of detail and excellent design work is a winning combo.
- The all-metal design provides a high level of durability, shielding the dynamic capsule from both blunt and dust damage.
- Plosive sounds are reduced via an inbuilt pop-filter.
- Records in exceptional quality, and it’s designed exclusively for voice-based applications.
- Has a wide-range frequency response of 20Hz to 20kHz.
The Elgato Wave:3 is one of the best USB condenser mics that is underestimated when it comes to selecting the best microphone for YouTube with excellent software. This option stands out not just because of its outstanding quality, but also because of the additional functions it provides. The software that we can utilise with the Elgato Wave:3 is what sets it apart from the competition. One of our favourite mixers is the Wave Link, which is designed exclusively for streaming mics. They even assist in the muting of copyrighted music in streams.
Overall, the Elgato Wave:3 sounds fantastic, looks fantastic, is plug-and-play, and comes with some of the greatest streaming mixing software available. It’s a popular option that’s well worth considering if you’re looking for the finest microphone for YouTube.
- Has broadcast-quality sound and the ease of plug-and-play when it comes to vocal recording.
- The superior condenser capsule provides high precision.
- The steel grille provides smooth sound diffusion.
- The cardioid pattern will keep the listener’s attention on your voice.
- It lets you distinguish between what you and your audience hear, which is a fantastic monitoring feature.
- Has nine channels ( with those,there’s almost no limit to what you can do with your streaming.)
For vloggers and mobile journalists, the Sennheiser MKE 200 could be the perfect microphone. The MKE 200’s diminutive form factor, at only, packs quite a punch, making it ideal for small setups and for ‘run-and-gun’ style production. Even in your widest shots, the small length keeps this attached mic out of frame.
- Two 3.5mm audio cables ( one with a TRS plug for connecting to cameras and audio recorders and the other with a TRRS plug for connecting to a smartphone or tablet directly.)
- Super-cardioid polar pattern directional microphone
- 2.7″ long and 1.69oz
- Fully battery-free and runs on plugs.
- Highly portable
- Built-in wind protection.
- It’s a mono mic.
- Internal suspension and shock protection
- Built-in camera shoe mount
- Fuzzy “dead cat” windshield with the microphone.